Housewives are the "key person" in the use of drugs at home (Handayani, 2018). According to the results of a survey conducted by researchers in January 2022, the percentage of the Nuruzholam Taklim congregation who practice self-medication or self-medication is 69%. The use of over-the-counter and over-the-counter medicines was limited by 63%, which kept the medicine 57% and 58.7% disposed of the medicine incorrectly. The CBIA (Community Based Interactive Approach) program can be a solution to existing problems. CBIA is one of the community empowerment activities that can be used to educate the wider community about the selection and use of drugs that are suitable for self-medication or the use of over-the-counter drugs and limited over-the-counter drugs or those included in OTC (over-the-counter) (Bela & Suryawati, 2016). This study aims to determine the knowledge and skills of using drugs and to determine the effect of applying the CBIA method to increase knowledge about drugs in the Majelis Taklim Nuruzholam. This research method is quantitative research with Quasi-Experimental Design, one-group pretest-posttest. Sampling using purposive sampling method obtained 60 respondents who have met the inclusion and exclusion criteria. Analysis of the data used is statistical test paired t-test and get a significance value (2-tailed) of 0.000 <0.05, indicating a significant difference between the pretest-posttest values. The CBIA program is effective in increasing knowledge of the Majelis Taklim Nuruzholam Community in Cilempuyang Hamlet.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Handayani R. Increasing the Knowledge of Housewives in Self-medication Behavior for the Management of Fever Using the Active Mother Learning Method. Borneo J Pharm [Internet]. 2018;Vol 1 No 1. Available from: http://journal.umpalangkaraya.ac.id/index.php/bjop/article/view/240
- Bela AM, Suryawati S. CBIA Intervention to Increase Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behavior on Rational Use of Antibiotics in Toddler Family Development Members CBIA Intervention to Enhance Community Development of Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behavior of Antibiotic's Rational Use. J Kedokt Brawijaya [Internet].. 2016;29(2):165–9. Available from: http://jkb.ub.ac.id/1358
- Iriantara Y. Public Relations Strategic Management. Jakarta: Ghalia; 2004. 22 p.
- Lathifah MA, Susanti S, Ilham M, Wibowo A. Comparison of CBIA and FGD Methods in Increasing Caregiver Knowledge and Accuracy in Fever Self-medication Efforts in Children Pharm Sci Res. 2015;2(2):89–100.
- Nurfauzi Y, Wahyono D, Rahmawati F, Munif N. Innovative education approaches by geriatric pharmacists and their training needs : A systematic review. 2020;19(July):1525–33.
- Harahap NA, Khairunnisa, Tanuwijaya J. Level of Patient Knowledge and Rationality of Self- medication at Three Pharmacies in Panyabungan City. J Science Farm and Clinic. 2017;3(May):186–92.
- Octavia DR, Susanti2 I, Mahaputra Kusuma Negara SB. Improving Public Knowledge About Rational Use and Management of Drugs Through Dagusibu Counseling. GEMASSIKA J Servant to the Community. 2020;4(1):23.
- Hastono. Health Data Analysis. Jakarta: Faculty of Public Health, University of Indonesia; 2013.
- Notoatmodjo S. Health Research Methodology. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta; 2012.
- Cho. The Factor Contributing to Expenditures on Over-the Counter Drugs in South Korea. Public Heal Seul Natl Univ. 2013;05:147–51.
- A., Calamusa, A., Di Marzio, R., Cristofani, P., Arrighetti, V., Santaniello, S., Alfani, & Carducci A. “Factors that Influence Italian Consumers Understanding of over-the-counter Medicinies and Risk Perception”, Patient Education and Counseling, Vol. 87(3), 395-401, 2012,. 2012;87(3):395–401.
- Notoatmodjo S. Health Promotion Theory and Applications. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta; 2010.
- Anis. Learning IPS Using Models. J Indonesian Educator. 2017;3:15–24.
- Olfah. The Influence of Giving the Community Based Interactive Approach (CBIA) Method on the Knowledge of Housewives as a Self-medication Effort. Repost Univ Ngudi Waluyo. 2020;
- Azhari AN. The Effectiveness of the CBIA Method., Almas Nuzulia Azhari, Faculty of Pharmacy UMP 2016. 2016;
- Tuanhope N. Peningkatan Pengetahuan Masyarakat Dalam Memilih Obat Bebas dan Bebas Terbatas Di RT 005 Kelurahan Oetete Belajar Insan Aktif (CBIA). 2018;
- Mafruhah OR, Nugraheni DA, Safitri SR. Knowledge Level of Common Cold Drugs in the Village the Influences of Education CBIA (Mother Active Learning Method) on. J Management and Farm Services. 2016;6(1):69–74.
- Nova Yanti. Effect of CBIA Modification Education Method for People with Diabetes Mellitus About Foot Care at Andalas Padang Health Center. TOWER of Science. MENARA Ilmu. 2019;XIII(9):86–97.